The False Bay Tourism and Business Association minutes for 8th of April 2015
Minutes of the False Bay Tourism and Business Association committee meeting held on Wednesday 08 April 2015 at 5pm at False Bay Rendezvous Present: Gerald Musikanth (Chairman); Steven Frankal (Vice-Chairman); Mark Robinson (Treasurer); George Hill (Chair Muizenberg Historical Conservation Society); Robin Solomon (Chair Muizenberg Lakeside Residents'Association); Adam Mauerberger (Chair Balmoral Body Corporate); Mike Romyn; William Davis; Chris Mc Lean; Minute Secretary - Celia
Apologies: Martin Stabrey (Secretary); Melanie Burke (Director Safer Together), Kevin Rack
Welcome: The Chairman welcomed all present and in particular, new committee member, William Davis. SF suggested that the motivational letter from Wd be circulated to the full committee, as well as the letter that was sent to all three candidates for the vacant positions. GM
MS to send an email to database that the constitution and minutes would appear on our website. MS
Minutes of February meeting proposed by MRob and seconded by MR.Correspondence: Two Liquor Licence applications viz Woolworths and Sostanza Restaurant were tabled. SF requested that in future on receipt of such applications they be forwarded to the committee in advance of committee meeting. GM
MB's email regarding the composition of the committee was discussed in depth and its content was noted.
Formalization of Committee: WD was the only candidate who indicated his willingness to serve on the committee and was proposed by GM and seconded by MR.
The committee comprises: Chairman: Gerald Musikanth Vice-Chairman: Steven Frankal Secretary: Martin Stabrey Treasurer: Mark Robinson Chair Muizenberg Lakeside Residents' Association: Robin Solomon Chair Muizenberg Historical Conservation Society: George Hill Chair Balmoral Body Corporate: Adam Mauerberger Director Safer Together: Melanie Burke William Davis Kevin Rack Mike Romyn Chris McLean
Membership and Finance: Membership to date is 39. GH and WD paid their membership subs which brings the total to 41. FNB monthly statement was distributed showing a balance of R12 723.67 while expenses for March were R2075.10 Our Hon Auditor, Peter Ferry who was re-appointed at our AGM has insisted that our income and expenditure process be recorded in a cash book provided for this purpose. A meeting took place between PF (Auditor), GM (Chair) and MRob (Treasurer) at which a competent bookkeeper was tasked to do these entries. R200 to be set aside for these monthly entries and PF to check in from time to time to ensure the annual audit goes smoothly.
The day to day running expenses were discussed and any single payment over R1000 needs clearance by the committee. The suggestion of having a separate account for big donations or sponsorships be handled by a separate treasurer and signatories was put on hold while the current system continues.
CM's suggestion of drawing up a budget was discussed. GH explained, from experience, that this could create unattainable expectations. It was agreed that MRob and CM would draw up a budget for internal use only. GM to supply them with the necessary income and expenditures over the last six months. MRob/CM/GM
Corner Chat: With deadlines looming GM explained that it was critical that the cover of both the booklet and the map be forthcoming from the committee. SF showed the committee a sea landscape for CM to ask Lesley to get clearance for our use. Wd to source an appropriate surfing pic for the map cover. CM/LS/SF/WD
Website: Discussion took place and it was established that to have a full time webmaster would be too costly at this stage. MRob and AM both endorsed the popularity and value of the website in its present form.
Beachfront:The vacant showe block unit was brought up with Robin Solomon's input about the necessity of having lifeguards present throughout the year. SF to contact Gregg Oelofse to identify which senior official to contact in this regard SF
General: MR proposed that more emphasis be put on projects than portfolios.
Next Meeting: The next meeting will take place on Wednesday 13 May at 5pm at the Rendezvous.